Saturday, 18 February 2012

Awsworth Villa 1-6 Bulwell (Notts Int Cup Qtr Final)

Entrance - Free, Programme - normaly 50p but free today, Tea/Coffee 50p
From Nottingham Victoria a number 1 Rainbow bus will get you to Gilt School bus stop in Kimberley. From the same stop get a 27 to Ilkeston and get off the first stop on Main Street Awsworth. Walk 50 yards further on from the stop and cross the Road and go up Station Street. The first Road on the right is Attewell Road and the 'Shilo' ground is at the end.

The 'Shilo' is council owned and public access is allowed. The pitch is surrounded by a mixture of 12 ft fencing, white metal posting and roped sections. There is high banking on one side of the pitch making a good viewing area. On other side of the pitch are the dugouts and behind the far goal are trees and 12 ft fencing protecting a childs play area. No floodlights, hard standing or cover.

On a sticky pitch the visitors started off well and were unlucky not to go ahead in the first few minutes when Connor Carter had a goalbound shot saved by the keepers feet. In the tenth minute the same player chipped the keeper from outside the penalty area to give Bulwell the lead . Five minutes later a couple of Awsworth players left the ball for each other to clear from just inside the area, a Bulwell player was quicker to the ball and crossed into the goal area for John Manders to head Bulwell 2-0 in front.

As the half hour approached Bulwell were awarded a free kick wide right. The ball was floated to the far post and headed back into the box where Connor Carter headed unchallenged into the net. Awsworth managed to keep the score at 0-3 until half time with only a couple of corners and long range efforts in their favour.

The second half began with Awsworth on the front foot and for ten minutes they were threatening. Wheat, the Bulwell keeper dived low to save a goalbound effort by the Awsworth centre forward and Awsworths no 10 turned and shot just a foot wide from inside the area. The pressure didn't last long as Bulwell got their fourth with another goal from Connor Carter. The hard working striker got his hattrick after the ball was laid across the area for him and he stroked the ball into the net from fifteen yards out.

Chris Henson hit a screamer of a shot from twenty yards out for Awsworth which went narrowly wide but Bulwell were having greater possession. Bulwell subsitute Robbie England immediately made his mark on the game when he twisted and turned in the Awsworth area and shot into the roof of the net on 72 minutes. The same player put Bulwell 6-0 up with five minutes left in the game. He beat his marker for pace and rounded the keeper before shooting into the empty net. As the game was in its dying embers Awsworth got a consolation goal to give the game a final scoreline of Awsworth Villa 1 Bulwell 6.

No comments:

Post a Comment