Saturday, 25 February 2012

Teversal 1-2 Dinnington (NCEL DIV 1)

The Trent 141 from Nottingham Victoria will get you to the first stop on the High Street, Stanton Hill. From there it is a ten minute stroll. Walk back to the roundabout and go down the hill on Fackley Road, past the 'Welcome to Teversal' sign, and at the bottom of the third street on the right (Caenarvon Street) you will see the ground. Sorry to see the Teversal Grange public house opposite the ground has now ceased trading.

The ground has a homely feel and the locals are friendly but flatulent. Hardstanding surrounds the pitch, with a small seated stand straddling the halfway line on one side. The only other cover are the two Tesco shelters behind the goal at the fare end.

Admission £4, no reductions for unwaged. Programme £1. Tea/Coffee 60p. Pies £1.50

The Red shirted Teversal team had last week hammered the bottom side 8-2 away from home but it was the two goals that they conceded that was worrying for the old boys who were sitting next to me in the stand. Teversal sat 10th, halfway in the division, but of the top 14 they were the only side with a negitive goals difference, - 10.

The game was very scrappy in the early stages but the visitors created the first chance of the game. A quickly taken throw in caught the Teversal defence out and Liam Cartledge charged towards goal, as a defender closed him down he shot from just outside the area, but saw his effort go two yards over. A few minutes later Mathew Smith had better success, he was put through on goal and he lifted the ball over the Teversal keeper to put Dinnington one up. This sparked Teversal into action and Danny Wilson charged down a defenders clearance before shooting into the side netting. Wilson was involved in the next attack and he came close when a one two with Sean Dickinson led to a shot being saved by the visitors keeper.

Dinnington were winning the midfield battle in the first half and a series of free kicks and corners threatened the Teversal goal. Against the run of play Teversals Jamie Goodacre took the ball up the left wing and sent the ball over for Greg Tobin to score and put the home side level. Teversals defensive problems were highlighted five minutes later when Dinningtons Michael Trench was allowed to run along the eighteen yard area unchallenged and have a free shot at goal, which luckily for Teversal hit the post and went out for a goalkick.

Four minutes into the second half a fine move on the left wing led to the ball being crossed into the Teversal area and an unmarked Liam Cartledge headed past the helpless keeper to put Dinnington 2-1 up. Teversal made a substitution on 55 minutes and with his first touch Oliver Wood swept the ball past the keeper from twelve yards out. Minutes later Teversals Sean Dickinson found space to turn and shoot in the Dinnington area but his shot went agonisingly close past the outside of the post. Dinnington came back at Teversal and Jon Roper scored Dinningtons third and winning goal after he followed up a shot on goal which came back off  the keeper. FT 2-3.

No comments:

Post a Comment