Saturday, 1 December 2012

Radford 3-6 Bardon Hill EMCL

A Red card to Bernado Alves for Foul & Abusive Language on 28 minutes made it difficult for Radford against a mediocre Bardon Hill side. Radford started off well and took a 15th minute lead through Antoine Combes. The midfielder collected the ball just inside the Bardon Hill area, wrong footed his marker and a weak effort took a deflection before trickling into the corner of the net.

Radford's Joe Hopper intercepted a poor back-pass but his shot from a difficult angle flew across the face of the goal before going out for a goalkick. The visitors should have been awarded a penalty on twenty minutes after Ryan Collis was brought down, but the referee surprisingly waived play on. Joe Hopper made a good run through midfield and a shot from 20 yards hit the top of the crossbar and went out for a goalkick.

On 28 minutes Bardon Hill were level and Radford were down to ten men. A ball over the top of the Radford defence found Liam Hebberd and the striker ran on to beat Tom Burleigh in the home goal. Before the game could be re-started the referee had shown Bernado Alves a red card for presumably foul & abusive language. It wasn't long before Bardon Hill took the lead when Ryan Collis fed a finely timed through ball for Sam Saunt to collect and shoot past Tom Burleigh. Shortlty after Radford's Stuart Marshall did well when he ran back to clear off the line, after the keeper was rounded and a shot was heading for the Radford net.

As half time approached the ten men of Radford had a good period of possession resulting in a Stuart McCulloch goal. Jarrod Russell cut in from the left wing, beat a couple of players and played the ball to McCulloch on the edge of the visitors area and a powerful shot flew past the stranded keeper. Unfortunately for Radford they couldn't hang on until half-time. A low cross was sent in along the Radford box and three defenders failed to clear and Danny Blythe scored from close range.

A minute into the second half and Radford were caught cold when Jimmy Brooks put Bardon Hill 4-2 up. Sam Saunt got his second of the game ten minutes later and on 63 minutes Ryan Collis got the visitors sixth. All three Radford substitutes came on and Sheriff Babatunde combined with Timi Oluwsanmi to set up Gareth Ellis to score on 68 minutes. Radford created a few good chances in the final twenty minutes but couldnt add to the 3 goals and the game ended in a disapointing 3-6 defeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment