Saturday, 26 November 2011

Parkhouse 2-1 Basford Utd CML League Cup 1st Round

Parkhouse FC 2-1 Basford United
Central Midlands Football League
Baris League Challenge Cup 1st Round

£3 entrance with free programme - very good effort
Tea/Cofee 50p, Chip cob £1.50

The Parkhouse ground is in Old Tupton just outside Clay Cross, Derbyshire

From Nottingham the Red Arrow heading for Chesterfield will take you to the Royal Oak at Old Tupton. A Hulleys bus 52 from the Royal Oak stops at the Batemans Mill next to the ground. There is no bus after the game from near the ground so a walk into the village (15 minutes) to Holmgate and a 51 bus will drop you off at the Royal Oak. From there a Red Arrow leaves 17.10 for Nottingham arriving 18.40 or 18.50 arriving 20.20.

Parkhouse is the former name of the colliery that was worked in the Clay Cross area. The club adopted this name in 1989 after previously being called 'The Woodthorpe Inn'. In 1993 the club purchased the 3.4 acres of land for £8,000 to secure the clubs future. One small covered stand from the corner flag to the halfway line, with hard standing running the length of the pitch. The rest of the three sides have no hard standing or floodlights. There is a solid metal fence surrounding the pitch. Also the club has an excellent PA system.

Pre match met some groundhoppers both decent chaps. One travelled all the way down from Scotland just for this game. Not much between the sides in the early stages on a sticky pitch. The first real strike coming from Basfords Courtney Hastings but the keeper 'made himself big' and young Courtney shot wide. Twenty minutes in saw the Parkhouse keeper save with his knees after Ryan Johnson shot from inside the area. Three minutes later Basford were ahead, Courtney Hastings blistering pace took him into the area and he shot low into the net.

Basford didn't press on after getting the advantage and ten minutes later Parkhouse levelled through the unmarked James Goodison. In time added on Parkhouse were reduced to ten men when a player kicked out after being brought down after a challenge. Basford couldnt make the extra man tell in the second half and it was no surprise when Parkhouse went further ahead. James Goodison was the scorer again, he beat the keeper with a low drive from the eighteen yard line. A minute later the Parkhouse keeper pulled off a superb save from a Hastings volley. Five minutes from time Parkhouse player Lee Clay beat his marker and his shot hit the Basford post before going out for a goalkick. Parkhouse were not troubled in the final minutes and now face a second round tie at Glapwell.

No comments:

Post a Comment